Monday, March 15, 2010

One Year Anniversary Gift?

BLUEman: The Male Perspective

Attending a social gathering over the weekend, a really good friend of mine came to me and handed my wife and I an envelope.

In the envelope was a one year anniversary card, as well as a gift card to a nice restaurant.

To say I was surprised would be an understatement.

In the four weddings I took part in as a groomsman (one) or a best man (three), I never thought to send a gift to my buddy after their first year of marriage. I would acknowledge it with nothing more than a call or text saying “Happy Anniversary.”

So am I being rude? Is this kind gesture that my friend and his wife displayed to me something that should be common place?

I would have to say no to both questions. One year anniversary gifts are not to be expected.

But, if you so happen to be one of the latest men to celebrate your first year of marriage and so happen to get a gift from a good friend of yours…by all means accept it with a smile.

After all, that made me realize even more than I have aligned myself with great friends in my life, and we should all be thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment