Monday, December 14, 2009

You Can Have Your Cake...And Eat It Too



The Grooms Cake. The question is: have you heard of such a thing? Prior to my wedding I knew nothing of the sort. In fact, it wasn’t until attending a wedding after that of my own that I saw a grooms cake. It was in the shape of the Chicago Bears logo. Now I’m no Bears fan, but the cake was pretty cool looking, and just as tasty as the more elaborate three-tier wedding cake.

So I wondered, how did I let this pass me by? I went cake shopping with my wife, but the seller of the cake never mentioned that I could have a cake that represented me as well. So I feel it’s my duty to inform all those men out there that you can have your cake and eat it too! If you’re into sports, you could have any type of cake to signify your support for your favorite team…the Yankees, the Diamondbacks, the Suns, the Coyotes, and the list goes on. They will even make that cake in the colors of your favorite team. And then there are the fillings. At Sugar Buzz Wedding and Novelty Cakes, you could put anything from peanut butter to vanilla caramel chip as the filling.

But what if you’re not a sports fan? There are still plenty of options to create that grooms cake. Recently, Masters of Reception the groom, who was a truck driver, was surprised by his lovely bride with a replica semi-truck hauling lumber, as a cake, exactly like the truck he drives every day. The mind is full of creative ideas, and shows like Cake Boss and Ace of Cakes give plenty of ideas to creating any cake for any need. Your groom’s cake could even be a tribute to your favorite city or birthplace. Say for instance you are from San Francisco, then why not an edible Golden Gate Bridge? Do you like to play poker, how about a replica Poker Table cake?

There are plenty of ideas out there to create the perfect grooms cake. And gentleman, with this being your cake, you can choose the flavor that best suits your taste buds. Let the pretty delicate cake for your wedding be what your lovely bride wants, and let your imagination run wild with the groom cake. Because with a grooms cake, you can have your cake…and eat it too!

Remember: Tune in every Monday at 3:33 p.m. for Monday Man-ness, weddings from a male perspective, written by the BLUEman.

No comments:

Post a Comment