Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Love Love || How to Relieve Stress

Nothing beats a great workout. I’m slowly building myself up to running each day. The experts say if you set a goal like running a ½ marathon, tell those closest to you so you are held accountable. If you knew me, I’m not much for running and you may be the same way. My husband on the other hand, loves to run 5 miles for fun. Running does seem to relax me and I feel pumped with energy to take on my day. It could be those endorphins that are racing through my body.


Have you ever tried doing a workout while stressed or worried? Here are some things you can try while trying to plan your wedding (which, let’s face it is stressful in some way) or just trying to feel more relaxed.

Running

Where are you running to? I really have a hard time putting my hands around running for fun. However, there are so many health and beauty benefits. All of us want to be healthier and have a great body. It’s just in our nature as women. Check out this site that has inspirational blogs for runners at any point in the game at http://completerunning.com/running-blogs/  . I love the blunt honesty in some of the blog names like “a chubby girl running” or “A fool of myself” but there are focused ones like “5k to marathon training”. Running and staying active will be a great way to burn off some stress.

Yoga

I’ve never been one to really enjoy doing yoga, especially Bikram Yoga. However, if you have the Jenny McCarthy Wii- Your Shape system, you’ll love the music and how relaxed you feel. I struggle with some of the downward dog or warrior poses but take heart that marthastewart.com makes it easier to do with picture and instructions. If you’re like me, I love to see it and hear how to do it. You may consider joining a class at your local gym. Sometimes, seeing everyone else molding themselves into awkward poses takes the stress off you.

Fitness Boot Camp

No one likes to pretend they are kicking their own tush for military training but this is a sure fire way to get in shape. I’ve participated in Sgt. Hadley’s Fitness Boot Camp in Arizona only to realize I never pushed myself alone. This former Marine makes sure you burn 400-6oo calories each session for 6 weeks. Check out this and other boot camps near you but make sure to bring a friend with you. This will keep you motivated each week and spending time working out with friends is a great way to stay connected. Let’s face it, our lives are busy and stressful, but having close friends gives us that strength to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment