Monday, February 22, 2010

Victory Cigar?


BLUEman: The Male Perspective

The night is winding down on your wedding day festivities. You’ve watched your beautiful bride come down the aisle, you said your vows, and you said “I do.” The reception went off without a hitch. The first dance was just how you both pictured it. And, if you were creative, you followed the lead of TLC’s Rock the Reception. The best man and maid of honor gave their toasts and everyone danced till they could not dance no more.

And then, your father comes up to you, or your father-in-law, and he wants to share in a moment with you by lighting a cigar and kicking one back with him and the rest of the guys. It’s his way of saying “congratulations” and what some guys might call the “Victory Cigar”. So the question is: do you do it?

Here are two things to consider before you light up that cigar:
  1. Is the bride to be going to get upset if the groom lights up the cigar? The bride might not want to kiss cigar breath afterward. But you can likely convince her by chewing some gum after the fact.
  2. Does your venue allow you to light up inside or outside? Most places in Arizona would not allow that to take place due to current laws in place that prevent restaurants from allowing patrons to smoke inside, but you might be able to outside.
I can honestly say that lighting up that cigar with my dad, brothers and friends near the end of my reception was a great experience for me. I looked forward to my wedding day, and being able to say thank you in the man sort of way to the guys for supporting me every step of the way meant a lot.

Enjoy your wedding my friends, and if you decide to, savor that cigar…

That’s it for now. Be sure to come back next Monday at 3:33 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment