Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Destination Love || Wedding Anniversaries

Planning a wedding takes so much energy, sweat and tears. The pure joy is walking down the aisle to your bridal march music heading up to the man of your dreams. The main idea that most brides forget is the part after the wedding. The many years of learning and growing together through the vow words you spoke on that very wedding day. I recently celebrated a fabulous wedding weekend in the city of quickie weddings and high-roller nights (..also day’s too). The wedding weekend was actually to celebrate the union of my aunt and uncle from April 10, 1960. Yes, it was a 50th Wedding Anniversary in Las Vegas. I didn’t know them when they were married but to know them now you would be so impressed. The romance is seen in the way they look at each other. My Aunt Jeanette understands the dry humor of her hubby Michael as he listens so quietly while we get lost in our chatty talks. Giddiness comes over me when I'm talking with my auntie.


Brian, my hubby and I created a poem/picture frame (goldish frame- tradition says it's the color for 50 years) as a gift to give them. A poem by my favorite writer, the BLUEman (aka Brian) perfectly captured their life together.

I’m in an industry of love but no one really talks about after the wedding day. I think it’s special to celebrate the marriages that started and will last a lifetime…let’s congratulate my friends and family who have beat the odds.

Anniversary Congratulations!

Michael & Jeanette – 50 years

Lew & Sue – 34.5 years

Sherry & hubby – 30 years

Alise & hubby - 24 years

Jo Ann & Grant – 19 years

Tracy & Bill– 16 years (and 11 months)

Jen & Brian– 11 years

Janel & Shawn– 8 years

Laura & hubby - 5 years

Becky & Mark -3 years

Opal & Ed – 2.5 years

Andy & Michelle – 2 years

No comments:

Post a Comment