Wednesday, March 9, 2011

{Engaged Me} Sweeten Me Up

Taking your wedding to the next notch is something that many couples strive to do on their big day. Recently, dress shopping with one of my best friends, I find myself in love with the 'wow' factor dress. The dress isn't the only thing to add wow to your wedding. Start strategizing what makes you think 'now that's amazing'. This is where you want to start your wedding planning.

Cupcakes

The cake is no longer a simple frosted cake of sweetness. Wrap yourself around the idea of mini cakes at your wedding or even bridal shower. You can add glamour to your event with the easiest accent of cupcake wrappers. I love this idea because your wedding colors can mesh so nicely with the variation of designs. This helps with today's bride that wants to add a splash of modern to her wedding.



Candy Stations

Sweeten the deal. Add some color to other parts of your reception with candy stations. Everyone loves candy. It is easy to bring together the colors and flavors that you enjoy. You can hire someone to bring your sweetest desires to life and also create this idea yourself. I encourage my brides to make their wedding stand out and tell their guests a story about them. Include your fiance's favorite candies and yours in complimenting colors.





Favors and Gifts

This is the best time to start thinking about how your will thank your wedding guests and bridal party. The fun way to send home little treats is mini-brownie pops, marshmallow pops, and cookies. This is a great idea to add color to more parts of your wedding. Create gift baskets for your girls. Nothing says "you know your bridesmaids" like a basket of yummy sweets.

2 comments:

  1. Great advice! I must say I love it when my couples have a candy bar or cupcake tower at the reception. It gives me some great details to photograph and helps me tell their story when I design their wedding album. It never ceases to amaze me that there are so many cool cupcake wrapper designs or candy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the sweet mention, Valerie! :)

    ReplyDelete